Instead of using the goofy looking brown shingled roof that comes in the kit, I wanted to add tar paper that I make using newspaper spray painted black, a trick I learned from Jon Addison. However, after unsuccessfully searching high and low for my stash of tar paper, I ended up just using masking tape instead. Once the tape was on, I masked everything on the building and air brushed flat black on the new roof. I also went ahead and used masking tape for the window shades like my brother and I used to do when we were kids.
The kit comes with all the main parts of the building molded in white styrene, I chose to paint it SP lettering gray with white trim. After adding some chalks for weathering I think it turned out pretty good for what will essentially be a background structure, especially considering I got it for free. But I'd still like to know what happened to all my tar paper!